People knew about the useful properties of baking soda since the times of ancient Egypt. Now we know about more than 300 forms of its use and that more of house of all the world have used during many centuries. In this article you will learn fifteen of the most popular and effective.
We are sure that everyone has baking soda at home. But you use it just for baking? Well, this versatile and inexpensive tool can be used not only to relieve the symptoms of heartburn or to bake cakes. If you choose the list of products that should always be on hand, sodium bicarbonate would be, perhaps, the first on the list. This is a universal and widely available product.
The baking soda will help you in all the needs of the house, for personal hygiene, and also to deal with unwanted insects and will make everything much easier. Eliminate all cleaning products and other items purchased at the hardware store that are so harmful to your health and pollute the environment.
Start using baking soda in all corners of the house and for personal hygiene. You can also use it for aesthetic purposes. For example, for your skin and hair, to fight with stretch marks and even to whiten your teeth.
Here is an example of all the methods of its use:
1. NATURAL DEODORANT This recipe has very few ingredients to prepare a natural deodorant. When preparing it takes a very thick texture and when it is going to be used it is necessary to shake it a little, because you will often notice that lumps are formed. Its fragrance is soft and pleasant, it can be used by both women and men. It must be applied twice during the day so that its effect extends throughout the day.
-Six tablespoons of coconut oil
-A quarter cup of baking soda.
-A quarter cup of cornstarch.
Preparation: The first step to properly prepare this homemade deodorant is to mix the bicarbonate very well with the cornstarch, to this mixture the solid coconut oil is added and it is beaten until it has a smooth, but firm texture. Then put this mixture in a clean and very dry container, which can be stored for up to three months.
2. INSECT CUTTING. To put this simple remedy into practice, you have to mix a couple of teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate together with a tablespoon of water and mix until it forms a thick paste that you can apply on the bite. Next, you have to apply this paste generously on the affected area, and you will feel the swelling and itching diminish in a short time.
3. ACIDITY. To develop this natural remedy to relieve heartburn and heartburn you need: 1 tablespoon of baking soda. The juice of half a lemon. Half a glass of water.
4. FACIAL CLEANER.
-3 teaspoons of baking soda
-1 tablespoon of water
Mix both ingredients to form a paste, then apply with the face previously washed and without any makeup, making circular and ascending movements to stimulate blood circulation and spread the product well.
You can remove immediately or leave for 5 minutes, then remove with warm water and dry using a towel and light tapping on your face. Then apply your moisturizer or tonic to close the treatment with a flourish. If you have dry skin apply only once a week, while if it is fat you can use it twice a week.
5. You can remove skin imperfections such as wrinkles, pimples and spotty skin.
-2 tablespoons of baking soda.
-A little honey
Mix the baking soda with a little water to form a homogeneous paste, then apply to the affected area with slight circular movements, wait for 3 minutes and rinse with warm water, dry your skin very gently with a towel.
Then apply the honey with light massage, in the affected area, rinse your skin again and dry gently. You will notice the difference from the first application. This mask is used for any type of spot on the skin and have very good results.
6. HAIR. To apply this remedy you must dilute a teaspoon of baking soda in 5 tablespoons of water and spread the mixture all over the scalp. Later you will dilute a spoonful of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and apply the mixture of the root to the tips of your hair.
7. STRIKES. One of the many homemade recipes for stretch marks is the use of sodium bicarbonate. For the preparation of this home straight to eliminate stretch marks you have to make the mixture of a glass of sodium bicarbonate with a little water.
You have to achieve a mixture with a consistency that is easy to apply. Then you only have to apply on the area affected by stretch marks at night before going to sleep and let it act all night.
8.- FOR VAGINAL INFECTION.
A very easy way to avoid and eliminate vaginal infection, is to apply a pinch of sodium bicarbonate powder directly on the labia, to re-alkalize the pH and thus prevent harmful bacteria and fungi from living and proliferating.
In fact, in general, to wash the female intimate area should be used boiled water with a little bicarbonate.
9. AFTER SKIN If you wear hot socks with baking soda and you can forget about this unpleasant situation.
10. BAD BREATH. Sodium bicarbonate is one of the most commonly used substances in the treatment of halitosis. Its antimicrobial properties help control bacterial growth to neutralize odor and possible infections.
-1 teaspoon of baking soda (5 grams).
-1/2 glass of warm water (100 ml).
Dilute the baking soda in warm water and gargle two or three times a day.