Something that we do not take into account with the passage of time is the position we have every day, which can become a bad habit.
Among the bad habits that make us have a bad posture are the following: the way to sit, work with the computer, hold a mobile phone, carry the bag on the shoulder, stand a long time, bring young children in arms or, even, sleeping in an incorrect position.
It is for this reason that in this article we will present a series of tips to improve posture and Ergonomics.
Tips to improve posture
1. Identify the warning signs of back pain, caused by ergonomic defects and poor posture. For example: feeling pain after a long day of sitting in a chair in front of a computer, but not during the weekends; pain that begins in the neck and radiates to the back and extremities; pain that disappears after changing position; Sudden back pain that is experienced with a new job, a new office chair or a new car; the pain that appears and disappears for months.
2. Keep your body well aligned while sitting on a chair or while standing. When standing, it distributes the body weight evenly on the front, back, and feet. While sitting in a chair you have to stand up straight and line up the ears, shoulders, and hips in a vertical line. Any prolonged sitting position, even a good one, can cause fatigue. Also when sitting, you must avoid crossing your legs, do not lean to the side, do not bend your shoulders forward and do not tilt your head.
3. Get up and move often. The longer we are in the same position, the worse it is for our backs. The muscles become tense, so it is advisable to change positions with some frequency, every 30 minutes, for example, and do some stretching or walking.
4. Use special accessories (for example, footrests) and/or ergonomic chairs, which relieve tension and discharge the spine.
5. Increase awareness of posture and ergonomics in everyday environments. When you walk, lift weights, hold the phone, etc. … Customize your workspace, your home, and the car. This, logically, requires time but much less than what you would need to go to medical consultations and follow a treatment.
Follow these tips to improve your posture and ergonomics in a short time.